My everything

My everything
Us - Our Little Family ;)

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Chocolate Devil Cupcake

Last year, i stumbled upon this recipe and gave it a try..my little brother and my hubby (last year, he was my fiance) love it so much. The dark chocolate cake has a texture that is smooth and rich. Its flavor is not overly sweet, because of the intensity of the coffee, which make it a great match for cream cheese frosting sweetened with golden syrup (in my case, i use honey). So here's the recipe..

Ingredients:

3 cups granulated sugar
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/8 cups cocoa powder, sift if lumpy.
1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
2 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
3 large eggs
1 1/2 cups milk or buttermilk
3/4 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/4 cup hot coffee

Method: 

Heat the oven to 350 degrees and prepare 3 dozen muffin tins with papers
Combine all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl and whisk until combined, set aside.
Whisk together, eggs, milk, oil and vanilla until well combined. Add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients and whisk until smooth. Slowly add the hot coffee to the batter and whisk until totally blended and smooth, about 2 minutes. The batter will be quite runny.
Fill a measuring cup or pitcher with the batter and then fill the muffin cups about 3/4 full. 
Bake the cupcakes for about 18-20 minutes or until a tester comes out clean.
Allow to cool on a cake rack and then frost with cream cheese icing. 

Recipe follows:

Cream Cheese Icing with Lyle’s Golden Syrup*

1 (8 ounce) package of Philly’s Cream Cheese (I am really brand loyal, having tried lots!), softened
4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, softened
1 cup confectioner’s sugar
1 Tablespoon Lyle’s Golden Syrup (use honey if you are in a pinch)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Combine all the ingredients in a medium sized bowl and cream together until smooth. I used a pastry bag fitted with a large star tip to decorate these cupcakes. You may want to double the icing recipe just in case you find yourself dipping into the bowl with a spoon!

 This is how it looks after taken out fresh from the oven

 I use chocolate frosting on some of the cake

 I made this for my brother's birthday

 I made these for my engagement day as hantaran..since our theme color is blue so i put a dash of color on the icing..


No comments: